Prison Ministry Volunteers is a non-profit organization designed to provide services to the incarcerated community and support the prison staff and Chaplains primarily serving the two prisons located in Diboll, Texas. One is the Rufus H. Duncan Unit with about 500 offenders and is a geriatric prison. The second is the Diboll unit, a privately run unit with another 500 offenders. We have served and continue to serve the population with the following services:
- In-depth Bible Study weekly
- Monthly Sermon supporting in-house church services
- AA Group facilitation Weekly at both prisons
- Staff Appreciation inclusion in Celebration and Graduation Events
- Volunteer Letter Writing during COVID-19 Quarantine period
- Indigent Toiletry Ministry
- Grieving While in Prison Curriculum Development (Life and Healing After Loss) at both prisons and Women’s Halfway House
- The Awakening AA Journaling Class
- Overcomers 12 Step Recovery based on Bibical Principles
Funding for books for the Bible Study and other courses are provided through periodic non-profit fund raising projects as well as the indigcent ministry and Christmas gifts program..
We are a small organization with an all volunteer, unpaid staff including our 5 member Board of DIrectors. . We carry the Word, teach, communicate, serve, provide neccesities and support needs and goals as identified to us through the Chaplain Ministry.
We are an official 501C3 Organizaation so your contributions are tax deductile.
Prison Ministry Volunteers are a small group of volunteers who were called to share the good news with those incarcerated. Called to help them find Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Help them to know that they too can be forgiven and can live fulfilling and honoring lives serving others even if they will never leave their current situation. We share hope through the Gospels and The Word of Jesus Christ. Jesus and that “God gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”
We believe that an understanding and belief of who you are in Jesus Christ will lead to right thinking, right doing, right acts, and right purpose to serve others.